Wednesday 30 July 2014

Sikkim - Land of Peace and Tranquility, Part 1.

Travel has been an immense part of my life, and whenever I get a chance and some off time post work, I am out to explore the kingdom of beauty. 

Long walk upside hills, Road trips and Flights have proved to become my companion. And I absolutely love it. 

Here are few pictures below, from my visit to different parts of hometown - "Sikkim".


If only I could live that lace shoes, pleated skirt and ribbon hair life. 

Captured while taking a walk up the hill in GANGTOK

Om mani padme hum, Prayer Wheels.

Enchey Monastery in GANGTOK


As these prayer flag symbolises peace, all I can wish is for some real peace across.
These flags give us an immense touch and feel of different colours of  life and to cherish it. 

Another click on my walk to Hill in GANGTOK

You need that state of mind, once a while. 

And I attained my state in Rabong - SOUTH SIKKIM






Snow Peak Mountains. Only if I was permitted to celebrate Christmas here.

Hoping to have White Christmas this year in - TSOMGO LAKE, GANGTOK


My first Chopper experience admits mountains, luxuriant forest, pristine waterfalls and cascading rivers.

IN GANGTOK


View from Helicopter. Journey from Gangtok to Bagdogra, West Bengal.


All you guys planning for a vacation, leave the beachy life for a while and explore the Beauty of Mountains. 

More pictures and posts will follow as in when I will travel in my city.

Love,
Pen Twister


8 comments:

  1. I have to agree on the peaceful and beautiful part. I visited Sikkim last month, and I was blown away by the beauty of mountains. I belong to Kerala, god's own country. My hubby commented that Sikkim is the home of the titans .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed your stay in my city :)

      Delete
  2. Choppers? So cool!!! It must look so divine from up there! <3

    Dying to go visit sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed divine Anu. You should visit the city soon.

      Delete
  3. wow gal
    I love your city :)
    amazing pictures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Babe. You should come here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..... I have lived my one life in kolkata... Have visited small town Changrabandha(Siliguri) many times....& from there we used to drive till Kathmandu border(i remember till some market)...its a vague memory i have.....& now i need to visit this place SOON!!!... Awesome piks.... & Thanks for commenting on my blog much appreciated... !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I have is childhood memories of Gangtok and would love to visit it again soon.

    ReplyDelete