Monday 28 October 2013

FABRIC LOVE!


I am a huge fan of fabrics. Exploring markets for some exquisite, unique and fancy prints is what I do, whenever I have enough time. I like to get my button down shirts and dresses to be custom stitched. The idea of giving your own cuts, designs and fits has it's own charm. The advantage is, they are quite different from the crowd and it fits you beautifully. But there also is disadvantage to the same, explaining tailors and patiently supporting their tantrums is quite a pain. Also, there are chances the end result is not what you dreamt of.  
Similarly, the cotton dress I am wearing below was stitched 3 years back. Initially I felt it's ill fitted and makes me look more skinnier. Also, I identified that the colour gave a very pale look to my skin tone. Hence, the dress was stuffed under the pile of clothes.
While I was sorting one of my left over suitcase here in kolkata today, I found this piece and decided to give it a chance. And, this is what was then created. 






Ever since, this gorgeous Pink Blazer has happened to me, it has been my soulmate and my wardrobe staple. The blazer perfectly blends with my casual tees and dresses giving it an edgy look, while helps cut down too much Bling. I can now give rest to my grey's and brown's for the fall, and incorporate the blazer with warm turtle necks and thin pullovers.
Apart than the Blazer and Dress the Story is: 
I am away for a mini vacation to my favorite city - Kolkata. The city that awakens the child in me.  Beach trips were organized and those cute shorts and crop tops were packed, looks like the weather is not in my favor. It's been pouring cats and dogs. The entire city is filled with water, leading to cancellation of trip. Nevertheless, to keep the mood enlightened and vacation spirits high, I decided to slip in my relaxed cotton dress and make the house a lounger with decking chair. 
Yes, it's Kolkata and fall is yet to come in this part of the world.

So what do you guys think of the Dress? Share your thoughts and have a lovely week ahead.



6 comments:

  1. it is a really pretty dress..kolkata is having the oddest weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love,love,love the blazer! And the dress looks so comfy that I can probably even sleep in it! You came to Kolkata and didn't meet us? That's so not done! You owe all of us cupcakes the next time you come down. *Mad*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous !! Love the dress :D
    And blazer fits perfectly !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Custom stitched items are very flattering when it comes to cut and fit! The blazer looks great with the dress. :)

    Have a great day!

    ~ Seepz

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blazer is adorable! Love your hair. Nice blog you have got here hun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that blazer! With that simple yet fitted dress, it makes a killer combo! xx

    http://quirkyengineer.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete